Sunday, November 21, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award


I am so excited to have been given this award, not just by one AWESOME Dmom blogger, but THREE (actually 5 now)! To accept this award, I will...

1. Thank the person who gave me this award

(I started this last night and this morning saw that the most awesome Alexis at Justice's Misbehaving Pancreas and Heather at Sweet to the Soul also listed me....THANKS!!)


2. Share 7 things about myself

*I find it hard to sleep unless my two year old is in my arms or sprawled on top of me.

*I LOVE COOKIES. I like all kinds of desserts but cookies are my favorite. Chewy ones are best, not too sweet (I usually cut the sugar in half when I bake them) I love oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, chocolate chip, oh forget it...I love them all!

* I like RAP and HIP HOP. I can't handle country or opera. ick!

*I always want to take on leadership positions and be involved in everything possible. I start off totally gung ho and have great ideas but in reality, I am not a very motivated or organized person so end up just getting overwhelmed and frustrated.

*This week I taught myself to crochet. I attempted it once, 8 years ago, when I was pregnant with my first son. Just when I thought I was an all-star crocheter, I held up the baby blanket I was making and saw it was becoming a triangle (I guess I was dropping a stitch or two with each row-doh!)

*I have red hair. When I was younger, I HATED it. The grown ups all LOVED it but kids would say things like "carrot top" "red" etc. In my "old age" I have come to accept it and actually like it now. Though I still don't understand why it is called "red" when it is really more of an orangish brown. Anyhow...

*I need a vacation!

(who knew coming up with 7 things would be so tough?)

3. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic
(all the Dmom blogger are fantastic! Here are a few that I don't think have done this yet...)


Reyna @ Beta Buddies
Lehann @ D-Mom Blog
Wendy @ Candy Hearts
Heidi @ D-Tales

7 comments:

  1. rap and hip hop?! Me too!! Yay!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hard-rock (is that even a category?). And...You do need a VACA!!! Wouldn't it be fun to vaca with all the D Mamas?

    I am the opposite...I don't like to take on too much...but I have great follow-through. Too bad I don't take on shit to follow-through on - LOL.

    And...thank you. I need to get on my post. I have been a bit busy and in a little "writer's funk"...OK that sounds funny. But hey, I need my creative "juices" flowing to be in the mood to really WRITE.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag! I need to get going on this. Such fun!

    You're a D mama after my own heart. I LOVE cookies! :)

    And I think it's the sweetest thing that you sleep best when your little one is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, another baker! One of the first things people said after Adam's diagnosis was, "What about all those cookies you make, will he be able to eat those??"

    And funny enough, I was *just* getting ready to take a few pre-reqs for nursing school before Adam was diagnosed. that kind of went out the window for now, but someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nomination. :) I'm so happy to get to know you better! I love Chocolate chip cookies. Homemade ones. They are my downfall!

    ReplyDelete