Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Fun

Had a great night trick or treating. The weather here in Oregon was PERFECT!! Didn't need our jackets and the rain held out till we were back home and getting in bed. Couldn't have asked for a better night!

This year, Jaden (7) was a vampire, Bryce (5) was a ghost, and Drew (2) was a Jack o' Lantern.








Check out all that loot! MMMMMMM!

I realize that we don't do anything different with our Halloween candy than we had before D other than testing and bolusing. Mostly that is because we have never let our kids gorge on candy...EVER. So we let the boys pick out a treat a couple times on our walk through the neighborhood then one more when we were all done. So overall, Bryce had 3 pieces of candy all night and he was thrilled!! Surprisingly (or maybe not since we did sooo much walking) he was LOW. All. Night. Long!! Poor kiddo gets all his sweets while he is sleeping. How fair is that?
Anyhow, the downfall to all this great candy is that I keep wanting to raid their loot. Mmmmm, twix, peanut butter cups, hundred grand, kit kats....so yummy (and so small, and easy to eat many!)

6 comments:

  1. I am a Butterfinger Girl myself! LOL. Joe was low too...all night after TOTing. I even decreased his basal by 50% for 2 hours prior to and during TOTing. Man that kid is a sugar-burning-furnace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, candy! I was very pleased to find out that Elise doesn't like Butterfingers! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE when there is a night time low after an awake time where special treats are involved. It make me mad that Addison is missing out on enjoying something he couldn't normally have too much of.
    The boys were SO cute. I especially love the ghost costume..very Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! We had great weather here in Seattle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had such a nice Halloween! Can you believe that NOT ONE of my boys came home with a Hundred Grand? What is this world coming to??

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO ALMOND JOY. I see it sitting there, calling my name.....

    I LOVE that ghost. A traditional ghost. LOVED IT!

    Great pics, great memories, great....ALMOND JOYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about the candy...lol...it is way too easy to sneak a few out of the kids treat bag at night...very hard though to stop at just one seeing as how they are such small size chocolate bars! i mean they even call them "Fun Size" on the package!

    ReplyDelete