Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 summary

I didn't write a newsletter this year like I usually do.  It isn't that I didn't have anything to write about.  Quite the contrary, it was a very busy year.  We had a couple trips to California including visiting San Francisco twice and So Cal for my brother in law's wedding and a couple days at Disneyland.  Drew was born and he is such an awesome baby that fills our home and hearts with such joy.  Jaden learned to read and continues to draw and write amazing stories. He started Kindergarten (I contemplated the homeschooling thing but decided he needed time away, as did I)  Bryce started preschool where Jaden used to go.  Both boys took swim lessons and are doing so well in the water.  We braved another camping trip, this time with a newborn and this time it was a huge success and lots of fun.  Anyhow, lots of fun happened in 2008 but with that, it was also a very challenging year for us (as it was for many families)  Our greyhound, Jasmine, got congenital heart failure and had to be put down...we still look for her to come greet us at the door.  Of course our biggest challenge was Bryce's diagnosis of diabetes.  While at the time I thought our world was falling apart.  Now that we have lived with it for over 2 months, it isn't so bad afterall.  Wouldn't wish it on anyone but it is managable.  I love my sweet little guy (I love all my sweet little guys...and I have plenty of them!!)  May 2009 be an enjoyable, healthy year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment