Friday, May 20, 2011

Good Friday 5/20

Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun!!

Yes, the sun has finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest!!!

This means we have been spending time OUTSIDE!

My husband (& youngest son) mowed the lawn.
I planted our veggie garden.
Pulled some weeds.
Planted some flowers.
Trimmed some trees.
The boys played in the treehouse.
Swang on the swings (is 'swang' even a word??)
Pulled out the sand toys and sidewalk chalk.
Ran through the sprinklers.


Drew "mowing" right along side his Daddy.

sidewalk chalk makes me happy :-)

This is what happens to a little black dog when he goes near a three year old with blue chalk...

He ends up with a blue face!!


My other two good things (as if the above wasn't enough!)
-I made it to the gym a few times this week and Drew happily played in the kids' club.
-I volunteered in my oldest son's 2nd grade class for the art lit project. Georgia O'Keefe was the artist they studied and they did watercolor flowers for their project. Today, I go in to help them with glazing their clay projects they made a couple weeks ago. LOVE art with kids!!

What about you? What are your 3 GOOD non-D things from this week??


8 comments:

  1. 1. Finally some sunshine here to in upstate NY. We had 7 days of overcast and rain.
    2. A celebration for a good friend.
    3. Yoga class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just did my first Good Friday post! :)

    Love the pic of the blue-faced doggie! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES - so excited about the gorgeous sunshine. I think the weather people even improved the weekend because originally it was going to rain...hopefully it stays sunny! Also, your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehehehehehe . .. you have a blue dog! I love sidewalk chalk, too. I just bought some of the 'intense' colors made by Crayola and it really makes a difference in the saturation and vibrancy of the artwork! Not so much fun on the clothes, though ;)

    Good to hear about your good fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THE BLUE POOCH :) And sidewalk chalk!

    1) Preschool graduation.

    2) Wearing a light jacket in AZ on a day in May. (We're usually very close to, or topping 100 now.)

    3) FIRST DAY OF SUMMER BREAK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew is soooo cute "mowing". And...me too on sidewalk chalk. I love it and could play with it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, blue dog. That's one of the best things I've seen lately! And, summer's arrival is such an exciting thing.
    I think you've talked about art with kids before. And, I mentioned I love it too. We've never studied Georgia O'Keefe. Now you've given me an idea for our next artist study. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete