Thursday, September 16, 2010

TrialNet

A couple months ago I had my 2 non-D kids' blood drawn for TrialNet to see if they had the antibodies that mean they could develop diabetes.

Today, I got back a notice for ONE of them that he tested negative.

Yes, I am relieved. But I wasn't too worried about him because he had been tested previously, as were my hubby and I, and had come back negative. HOWEVER, I am most concerned about my littlest one. He wasn't tested with the rest of us because he wasn't old enough at the time.

So now, here I am left wondering why we didn't get a notice about him yet?
It will come tomorrow, or the next day. But they were done at the same time, why not get both results? They were probably processed by different people and the other person wasn't as fast. But what if it is taking longer because they found something? Well if they found something, we will deal with it. Why am I worrying about something I have no control over. Wait it out and we will find out soon enough.

Now if I can just take my own advice, I will be able to sleep tonight.
(sleep...hah! that is funny, isn't it?)


***yep, got the notice a day later. My younger son was negative. Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment