Friday, September 17, 2010

playtime


My boys often play "diabetes." They have a ton of extra D supplies to test their stuffed animals with, etc. Yesterday my 5 year old D son was testing his little 2 year old brother. Didn't think much about it. Turns out he had gotten out his real loaded AccuCheck multiclix and was actually poking his finger... and my 2 year old didn't even care!!! Think he got about 7 finger pokes. Good thing is, his bg was in range (109) :-)

Of course Bryce later wanted to test my bg. I have a huge fear of needles (go figure!) I was kinda scared of getting pricked. Had to take a second to think about how ridiculous it is that I have pricked my son over 10,000 times, and he barely notices. Here I was scared about it. He pricked my finger...a couple times. Yeah, still not a fan of it!


5 comments:

  1. Too funny! You're good mom to let him prick you, considering your fear of needles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge fear of needles here too. It is so bad that I start to cry at the mere thought of getting poked. How sad am I?

    Strangely enough, blood tests don't phase me in the slightest. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is sweet that they play together so nicely. Whenever I check my sugar I cringe and close my eyes before the poke. It's scary! Our children are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I kind of hold my breath before I "check myself" or when I put in a set when Joe went on the pump. I am NOT a big needle fan. Your kids are sooo cute btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry, but that junk hurts!! Maybe I'm just wimpy?!?!

    I am pretty impressed that a 2 yr old let him poke him more than once.

    ReplyDelete