Wednesday, January 21, 2009

syringe shortage

I knew I was running low on insulin syringes. It had been a couple months of daily shots afterall. So when I checked on Monday and we were completely out, I went right away to the pharmacy to get more.  They were out but could get them in the following morning.  I wasn't too happy about this cuz multiple trips to the pharmacy with three kids (or even just 2) is not easy, plus Bryce needs his insulin!  Luckily I found two syringes with our testing kit.  Perfect, that would get us through dinner and breakfast then our syringes would be in.  At least that was what I thought until I got a phone call the next afternoon saying that our order did not arrive!  I wasn't sure what I was going to do.  I had already scoured the house looking for extra syringes to no avail.  Yes, I could go to a different pharmacy but what a pain!  I then realized that Jaden's classmate who also has diabetes, may have extra syringes.  I called her mom and got her just before she was headed out for pick up.  She brought me three syringes.   What a life saver!  I am very fortunate to have a family that knows what we are going through because they have been here themselves.  In the future, I will make sure to get my refill well before I run out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment